Wednesday 1 February 2012

Winter blues......

Hello you, how are you doing? It's been a while since you have heard freom me but I have been struggling with this greyness hanging over my head.  Those of you that have four seasonal weather, do you have the winter blues? Is the never ending concrete grey sky getting you down? Is the endless drizzling rain and the nondescript days that roll from one day into the next insignificantly with no end in sight making you wish for warmer climes.  It's hard to tell if time is moving along or am I just stuck in the same moment, day in and day out.  Depressing I know.  Roll on spring!  I can't help feeling bad because I am wishing my time away but spring for me brings my Mother back from living over seas, my local playground reopening after being closed since September!  (The kids need a good run about in the fresh air).  The weather warming up and the world turning from brown/grey to fresh green is something to look forward to, something that I wish was just around the corner not another two and a half months away.....if not longer!!  Bleugh!

I am finding the best way to get over that feeling that winter isn't going to be ending any time soon, is to go shopping!  Yes, you guessed it folks there has been some shopping action happening! Along side a new part time job, and qualifying as a Swedish masseuse, (random I know but I am really enjoying it!)  I have been shopping on line (dangerous!), and also they put a.missselfridge.com concession in Morley's Brixton, where over the last six weeks I have been giving my credit card a bit of a work out.  I should probably mention that my new job is at joythestore.com, I KNOW! How much trouble am I in.  They might as well pay me in clothes!  


It started with a few sale items from Joy,

a navy play suit with a a cute zip detail at the back which I have been wearing over black leggings/leopard print tights and a long sleeve black top, and a black and gold jumper both by Louche £25 for the two items.  Then a customer came into the store wearing the cutest knitted skirt from Miss Selfridge, so I felt obliged to go check it out.....oh dear.  Two skirts later....
These were the two I decided on (£19 each, reduced from £26) although there were about 7 different patterns altogether.  I did not make this choice easily and had to leave one behind (only for a few weeks!).  Been wearing these lovely skirts with black tops, black leggings or sheer tights, my Nike high tops and some legs warmers as it is freeeeeezing, for London!  Actually I have been doubling up on leggings as I read some where along time ago that when it is cold that layers can protect your legs, (as a women) from developing more cellulite.  Totally lost track then, easily done.  I also bought a scarf from Miss S. but can't find it on the website.  It is white with a grey/black skull and chain print and a hot pink border which is great for a colour splash in these dreary winter months or to got with my hot pink jeans! Then a week or so later I bought some feather earrings from New Look that go really well with my giraffe jumper from River Island......red and pink, love a colour clash. 

On a later return visit to Miss S. I bought myself (in a very uncontrolled manor, which is very unlike me....ha) 


                                                                                     Legging loving, miniskirt hugging, crop jumper adorning, coral coloured outfits......too much?  No!  Here is the skirt I left behind, that was missing me. Jumper £39, leggings £20.  Not too much shopping guilt, which is totally outweighed and completely forgotten with my excitement to go out in new outfits! Hurrah! 

Anyway got to go and make some more room in my wardrobe, seriously.  Good to see you all again.

Happy shopping!

Samara x

No comments:

Post a Comment