Tuesday 1 February 2011

So it begins..

 I shop a lot online, in fact, with 2 kids I rarely make it into the "real" shops ever, which is sad for me because I do love to feel, touch and try on all those lovely clothes and shoes and accessories. I want to share with you my experiences of  my on line and off line triumphs and failures, and just how I like to wear them. Because sometimes I can be a little unique in how I put things together.  Don't get me wrong I like to follow fashion but I do insist on having me days!  These are usually when I'm a bit emotional (happy or sad), and there has been a lot of these over the last year as my has marriage ended.

The truth is my marriage ending made me realise that I had been putting me to the bottom of the list in everyday life, which had rolled from days and months into years, 6 to be precise. So this is how it works,  my kids go to bed at 7 in the evening then I spent the rest of the night (until I drag my arse to bed, they are very early risers) surfing, and trawling through web sites looking for clothes, shoes and accessories and placing them carefully in my "basket" until another day when I have cash, but what I realised that your items aren't always saved.  Annoying when have spent 3 hours going through a site, thinking about size, fabric, cut and what I want to wear if for! Also some of the really good bargains have time limits. So I stopped worrying about the money and just stared shopping!

I'm high street through and through and some of my experience I gained  before I became a stylist, was as a Topshop Style Advisor at the Oxford Circus store, you know the huge one that is like a time machine, because you can think you are just going to pop in for 10 minutes and come out 2 hours later with a bank card that feels thoroughly abused!

Anyway where were we, so my favorite shopping sites are....

http://www.riverisland.com/Online/
www.urbanoutfitters.co.uk
www.schuh.co.uk
www.newlook.com
www.office.co.uk
www.accessorize.com
www.topshop.com
javari.co.uk
www.asos.com
http://store.nike.com
www.lasenza.co.uk
store.americanapparel.co.uk
www.joythestore.com
www.clothingattesco.com

Now don't laugh at the last one, but Florence and Fred at Tesco can be really good!
So do you want to see my latest purchases?... They are 4 pairs of earrings and a bracelet. Actually these were from the local market in Brixton on Electric Avenue, 3 items for £5. Was on a outing with my son and his school and spotted these.  After the trip to the market and dropping my son and other children back at school, I ran, child free back to the stall to buy them, only to spot several other pairs that I couldn't live without...and a bracelet. It maybe a few months until I wear them all but they all have a purpose, to create an outfit from or to finish it, or to express my mood, but my earrings are always a topic of conversation at any play group or school play ground and if I make out to a bar for a drink well.....that's another story.








Hope you all enjoyed this? I did for a first experience.  So next time I'm back do yourselves all a favour and  go treat yourself, like me.

Come again soon and spread the word....

Samara 


p.s. got some new women's Nike Dunk High Skinny Supreme arriving on Friday that I designed myself (well  the colours anyway) come along to check them out.




1 comment:

  1. This is a fantastic idea.... For all the mums who cant get out and about! Cant wait to read and see more xx

    ReplyDelete