Sunday 20 November 2011

Lost my android phone.....

Hello Dollies! I have been managing to have a bit of a social life, a bit of me time.  I have  been out a couple of times over the last few months, care of my Dad staying over.....as well as another friend who stays over which is beyond amazing.  JN you know who you are!   Plus my lovely neighbour whose baby sitting rates are quite good.  On my nights out I have visited the newly opened www.electricsocial.com/ which I enjoyed a lot especially the delicious cocktails. My favourite cocktail was an English Garden with cucumber, elderflower and Gin.  This one comes highly recommended by me!   I have been to a house party, or two, an art exhibition.......(New and up coming artists in south London), a  delicious lunch now and then in the West End with the new squeeze.  A comedy night in Covent Garden, and some bars and clubs. www.aqua-london.com is a stunning bar that we went to.  We had tapas and cocktails and it was all delicious.  The waiter was friendly and helpful, a real charmer.  www.movida-london.com is another place I got taken to.  I must say that I felt 100 years old here!  I did get drunk enough to forget about all the children there (all the under 25's, sorry) in their skinny mini outfits which consisted of mostly spandex and sequins stretched across their arses and boobs and shoes high enough to get altitude sickness or at least a nose bleed! (Don't get me wrong, of course I have dressed like this before, in the past, but it was a long time ago and I don't like being reminded how long ago it was!!!!!)  I actually did have a hilarious night once I got over my age insecurities and stopped worrying about what other people might be thinking about me!


My me time can only work in a space that is just fort me, not about my kids.  So it is important for me to have fun, in places that do not remind me of my kids.  Time away from the four walls, allows me to appreciate what I do have even more.  I love the home I have, the life I have, and especially the kids I have.  But going out also reminds me that there is another world out there. One that I can contribute to in so many positive ways.  Having children can sometime make you blinkered.  Not all the time, but sometimes.  You can lose yourself in nappies, housework, play groups, nurseries, nutrition, what school, and where?  Do I need to move house, for the right school?......And then usually, in that time period, another baby comes along, and there you go again!  I know I have said this before, I wouldn't change having children for the world.  They are wonderful and amazing but I wish I could have been a little more selfish in those early years and made sure that I had kept something separate from having children, just for me.

So, in my me time, of course I have been shopping.  Most of it has been on line as I am such a busy lady at the moment! My recent purchases have in included a pair of Fairisle shorts from www.asos.com (Lost my wonderful HTC phone and can not take pictures of myself right now! Obviously I rock them better than this!)
:
I love love love these and have worn them loads but wish I had got a smaller size.  (Got a 12 which I am not, but keep thinking I am!)

 I also bought some glossy fashion magazines which I never normally do.  Whilst I was reading those magazines they left me feeling the same way that I always end up doing.  Rubbish and fat.  Looking at those skinny models/actors stretched and air brushed to the point that is realistically unachievable.  Photo shopped  to the point of being ridiculous, and even though I know this about all those magazines and images, it still equals me feeling bad about myself.  Feeling fat and unattractive and wanting things that right now I just can't afford.  So then the depression kicks in.  This is why I don't buy those magazines, in fact any at all ever again! (Well at least for a few months!)  So after all that self loathing I end up having to have some retail therapy!

Which is a coincidence as I keep getting all these emails from different brands offering me great deals on stuff I don't really need!  Like a sequinned bomber jacket from New look.  I don't need it but I love it and I bought it, it was half price! And two super cute cross body bags that I got from asos.com in a 20% off all accessories promotion. One is green and the other is glittery gold, I don't care I love them both (I know what you are thinking.....Sucker!)  I am.  I have said it before and will say it again, I am the perfect retail customer, all the sales tricks work on me!   I Also bought some costume jewellery from Brixton Market.  Three items for £5.  I ended up with two bracelets, two rings and fives pairs of earrings!  I was having a bad day...... ;-)  Wish you could see them, feathers, shells, beads, studs and all the colours of the rainbow!

There have bee a few other purchases, mostly Christmas related (presents for kids) and I did get my hair cut for the first time in a LONG time which I was desperate for.  My Hairdresser, Romi is the best. He is Brazilian and I love him!  He is the only person I trust with scissors near my hair.  He works in www.kikihairandbeauty.co.uk/ and he has been cutting my hair for about three years.  He is the sweetest most considerate guy and he always listens to the dramas going on in my life! I love love love Romi.

Anyway must stop adding to this post as I am sure you are probably thinking, STOP WAFFLING Samara! So until next time and I shall tell you all about my best Christmas purchases and sale bargains.  Hope you all have a wonderful festive season and a great New Year.  Go 2012!

Happy Shopping!

Samara x

P.S. Plus it turns out that my love for Mr Lips maybe not be so unrequited.  He has just been keeping his cards close to his chest.  I guess you never can tell what goes on in someone's head!

2 comments:

  1. awwwwwwww, love the happy ending (even tho i dnt believe in fairytales)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Samara......this is fantastic! I love it! Well done you and seasons greetings. X

    ReplyDelete