Tuesday 27 December 2011

I am OVER Christmas!

I am so totally over Christmas.  When I started to write this post it was the day after boxing day and I was (and still am) totally over my children's rotten behaviour.  Considering how much time, effort and money I spent putting into giving them the kind of Christmas I think they deserve, they should have been angels!  But apparently what I think they deserve, and what they actually deserve (NOTHING!!!!!!) is very different.  I know I sound bitter but I think that sometimes Santa gets tooooo much credit!  I guess if I had a partner he could say to me "Well done Mum" but I don't.  There is no appreciation forth coming, just battling my seven year old's bad attitude, and my four years old tired, overwhelmed, shouting behaviour!

Christmas day was lovely.  I managed to spend two hours with the ex.  It wasn't too painful, he came so that he could see the kids open their presents.  We then spent the day and some of the evening at a great friends house.  That was the best part of the day for me, being with genuine friends that love and care for me and my kids when my family can't be around.  I can't thank those wonderful people enough for the fantastic day that we had.

I didn't think I would have anything under the tree from Santa this year, so I thought it a good idea to buy myself my own presents!  This is the dress I chose for my Christmas day. It is from www.asos.com and was very affordable and very red (Misses Claus theme in mind).

ASOS Cross Front Twist Dress

I wore this with shiny black leggings and red feather earrings.  Very christmasy!  I also shopped on line at River Island......



I got this jumper (£38) which is so cute, soft, flattering and comfy. I love the red/pink colour clash and the giraffe.  I also got two dresses for my daughter....

The other is unavailable now so I can't show you but she looked beautiful in it on Christmas day.  Again if I had not lost my wonderful HTC Desire there would be pictures galore of all my wonderful Christmas presents to myself and my children

Now of course my very generous parents gave me the money I did my shopping with, so "THANK YOU" to them for that, plus it also turned out on Christmas morning that I did have a present under the tree, in fact two!  One from a very organised best friend, who had also sent presents for the kids.  She knows me so well! I love the gorgeous purple nail varnish which I wore on my toes for New Years Eve and the two lovely rings that she gave me. One of which is and owl and the other is also a bird but I can't work out what kind!   I love them both.  My second present I knew about on Christmas eve when Mr Lips turned up late that night with it.  I put my "wonderfully wrapped present"  (just joking Lips, good job!) under the tree ready for the morning.   Except when Mr Lips left I took my present into my bedroom, like a naughty child, and opened it straight away! I couldn't wait.  How was I supposed to sleep knowing that present was in there waiting for me! I'm sorry Mr Lips, I'm worse than my kids, actually worse than my sister who eats all her advent calendar by the 4th of December!  I have no patience when it comes to surprises!  At least I didn't lose any sleep that night wondering what was inside my present.  So are you wondering what was inside?   SHOES! They are the most gorgeous, delicious, sparkliest, highest heels that I have ever owned, and as you could probably guess I am in love with them.

Now I do happen to have a picture of these as I tried them on back in October. I took a snap with my HTC and sent it to Lips requesting that he buy them for me.  (Just trying my luck! It didn't work.)  But I must say, they were worth the wait.

What do you think?  They are from Dune and the shoe is called "BLING D".  They are just waiting for a fabulous night out with Mr Lips. I am too.

Anyway the traumatising children's behaviour is slowly fading from my memory already, so I am sure by next Christmas I will spoil the children all over again with no less than the same results. Wonderful.  So welcome all to 2012.  I have a feeling there is going to be some serious shopping happening this year, well one can hope.  Plus I am eagerly awaiting some legal documents, so roll on 2012. Well not too quickly as I am in no rush to get to being 35!

Happy New Year and Happy Shopping!

Samara


No comments:

Post a Comment