Sunday 6 March 2011

Spring is definitely playing hide and seek

I can't believe that this weather is still as cold as it is. I'm finding it shocking that I still have to wear layer upon layer of winter woollies to keep warm. All I really want to be doing is wearing all my lovely summer clothes and sandals, enjoying the warm summer days, and being out and about in a park or even a beer garden!  So, even though I did buy some winter jumpers for the winter that is about to end, (tongue in cheek, the season that lasts most of the year) my summer wadrobe is ever expanding for the three months that it is warm...and in some more preparation for the summer (and hopefully my trip abroad), I shopped a little more on-line, last week. Tesco Direct and New Look, just in the sale department mind you, 50% of both.  The Tesco's website was much easier to shop on than New Look but New Look has paypal,

This was my Tesco purchase. The shorts were £12 reduced to £6 and are a size 10 and fit really well, not too low on the waist.  They also had a cargo style mini skirt in the same print for the same price, which I really liked but decided not to do the over kill, like I usually do, (one in every colour, or print!). The T-shirt was £7 reduced to £3.50, it is aged 13 to 14 from the children's department! I really liked the horse print on the front, but not too sure about the tassels on the shoulders but I can always cut them off, I did buy a couple of T-shirts for my daughter, that's why I ended up in the children's department!








Anyway, the skirt is from New look and is £5, bargain! (More than 50% off). Topshop have a similar one at the moment that is longer, knee length, in cream and navy and raspberry and navy, both lovely but a tad more expensive! (£32) and lets face it you and I both know that I am a shopaholic and need to make saving wherever I can!

This dress/top is £6 from New Look. I have some navy leggings to wear this with and the scarf I picked up at a Children's play group!  A woman was selling them for £2 and I got it because it can be worn two ways, half of the scarf is blue on cream, the other cream on blue. Two looks for the price of one, sweet!  It is a really simple top but worn with a pair of heels (I wore it with tan boots) it can look really sexy, well that's how I felt....it may have been the heels or the handsome stranger who told me how beautiful I looked....or maybe because the sun was shining.....or a combination of all three is more likely!






This sweet little cardigan was £9.99 from New Look, I'm not sure I have anything to go with it but I love the colour. It comes in black and red too. It has cropped sleeves, it is 100% cotton, and feels really soft. Those are all my on-line purchases that arrived this week.













I decided to have a bit of a spring clean, partly because I said I would show you my shoes, and I then followed through that thought by taking all the shoes out from the bottom of my wardrobe and hoovering out an inch layer of dust from the shoe area! Gross! So I began the task of deciding how to photograph my shoes.  I was going to  place them side by side along the walls of the hall way and then as I placed them out I came across a little problem.......


I think you can see what my problem is....85 pairs of shoes, gulp.  Does anyone else have this many pair of shoes?  I know 24 pairs of them are flip flops and sandals, but there are 61 pairs of shoes shoes', double gulp!   As I was getting them all out of the bottom of my wardrobe I was thinking wow, that is a huge pile of shoes...I had no idea I had so many pairs in such a small space. Most of the shoes were either Topshop, New Look, Nike, Irregular Choice, Havaianas, Reebok, Schuh, Office and Baby Cham.  It seems quite obscene really, but I know it won't stop me buying more shoes especially now I'm looking for black boots with a lowish heel that are comfortable to wear all day for my days out with my handsome stranger!  I love shoes, (almost as much as I love my kids!) they will always be essential in my wardrobe and life.  A great pair of shoes will always brighten your day, when you have a moment look down and smile!

Anyway best fly, I have some more photos to take of some items that I bought last weekend......but that's another story for next time.

Happy shopping.

Samara

No comments:

Post a Comment