Wednesday 2 March 2011

I maybe a shopaholic....

This is a statement that I'm sure those of you that have read this blog agree with.  I am starting to realise this could be a possibility.   I do not have 17 credits cards all maximised out, thank god! I do question whether I should be buying that "must have" item on a regular basis.  Also the times that I am strapped for cash, like now,  I just avoid Brixton and any high street.

The trouble is that I am still connected to the internet, which is a nightmare!  The only saving grace of shopping on line is that by the time I've shopped, added all my items to my basket and got to the check out, I then see the total (gulp), in actual figures, black and white.  This is usually enough for me to go back and re-evaluate what I've placed in my "basket", and it that's not enough of a shake up by the the time I've imputed all my bank details for the payment I press cancel instead of proceed!  Phew! Saved myself from the call of the lovely stuff on-line, for now anyway, and the guilt that I some times experience when shopping, when I know should be saving for other stuff, like fixing my car! (You can not wear a car though, unless it is a really great one, which mine is not!).  It is a big emotional process for me shopping and not shopping, but I guess that's my distraction for now.

So in an attempt not to spend money on the only credit card I have (for mega emergencies only!)  I've decided to focus on what I do have in my wardrobe.


This is a dress that I got a while ago, by Louche from Joy.  It's their house brand.  I love the cut of the dress and the stripes seem to be heading all the right directions to hide a multitude of sins.  It also gives you great cleavage.  It is a tulip cut dress so it hides hips and tummy, love it, love it, love it.  I wore it out last Wednesday on a trip to my favourite hang out in Brixton, Satay, with my Mum. They serve great food and even better cocktails. It was a lovely evening and we sat propping up the bar that's why this is not a full length shot!  The evening was interesting as a gentleman approached us, and during the conversation he asked my Mum if she was a fashion designer!  I think she likes to take some credit for my great style and eye for fashion, and I love to give it to her.  (Although I'm pretty sure she became much more stylish when I started working at Topshop in 2002!!! Love you Mum x)

So what have I got at home to talk about!  Lets start where I usually start, accessories! 


   



                      
I do have a lot of bits! I like to be organised so I have a box of bracelets, a basket of hair accessories, a basket of belts and I have used a coat hook rack to hang my necklaces, it stops them tangling and I can see them all.  My earrings are on an old picture frame strung with ribbon and on two jewellery stands.  I try to keep as much as possible on display so that I don't forget what I have, but it does happen!  My family seem to think that I have so many accessories that I wouldn't notice when things get "borrowed", but I do! Everyone likes to think of it as an extension to their wardrobes and I'm always happy to lend.

I can honestly say that I base my outfits around a new pair of earrings or leg warmers or shoes and then work back, which is not the most conventional way of dressing, or maybe it is I'm not sure about that, what do you do?  

So lovelies it time to get back to the finer things in life such as house work and children, but I'll see you soon and next time I'll show you my shoes!

Happy Shopping.

Samara


1 comment:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your accessories selection!! Every time I go to your house I ask "is it pick one favourite thing each day today" but it never is, haha! But if I had that selection of bits, I wouldn't share either!!

    ReplyDelete