Thursday 3 February 2011

It follows...

Well today feels exciting and fresh, I can almost feel spring in the air! Which, after this long cold winter, has had  me longing for hot summer days and long summer nights.  Which reminded me of a purchase I made last week from schuh. A pair of gold leather wedges that were in the sale, £19.95 from £55, they have free delivery over £14.99 and free returns, which is good if they were a total disaster. They weren't, but I do feel like a giraffe in them as the heel is about 14 cm, and the wedge about 4cm! Being tall is a novelty for me at 5ft4in and the shortest in my family.

I must say that I'm not the greatest on heels, and for those who have the pleasure of knowing me personally can agree with the fact that I do live in trainers.  According to others I have ruined, no not ruined but made a silk purse of an outfit into a sows ear by wearing trainers!  Can't help it though, just love to have comfy feet, especially on a night out when I am actually wearing a nice top or a dress.  I'm already thinking about sucking in my baby belly (2 c-sections later), I also don't want to have to think about them hurting my feet, whether I can actually walk in the heels, desperately trying not to fall flat on my face and look sexy! Too much for me after a long day with the children.




I digress, so I bought the wedges thinking that there would be easier for me to walk in and sturdier so that I wouldn't totter around so much, or walk like Whoopi, and do you know what.... I don't!  Wedges are the way forward for me! Well until I spot another pair of shoes calling me.....







Nice!  I was thinking these would look good with a maxi dress/skirt or shorts! Whatever takes my fancy.

Bye for now.

Samara


p.s. Friday!

2 comments: