Tuesday 15 February 2011

Shopping in the shops....

I must be a retailers dream.  I find it impossible to walk past a shop, and once I'm in it I find it impossible not buy something.  A prime example, I was returning to my local H&M to exchange a skirt (my bum didn't fit!) except they didn't have it in store, so I tried on three other things...

I left with a new Jump suit (£19.99), new head scarf thingies with wire in (£3.99) for two), and two bracelets (£1.99 each).  I mean I really should show some self control, but when I am waiting in a queue, which is always the case in Brixton, all the perfectly placed accessories just look at me longing to be touched and tried on.  So that's what happened.  I did.  Now my experience in H&M was O.K. There was a very helpful lady who searched the whole store and asked three other staff members about a skirt that I wanted to exchange. So then I went into the changing rooms and tried my three items.  Two items were no good, and the third I wanted to try in a different size. So I asked the lady in the changing rooms, very nicely, if I could try the jumpsuit in a smaller size.  She told me to go ahead and get it myself!!!!!  I mean really! That is  not customer service!



 


So had to put my coat and shoes on, take my hand bag (as this is Brixton we are talking about) and go and get myself another size.  The thing was that I had picked the jump suit up by the front door and I had to stalk all the way from the changing room at the back of the store, to the front of the store, with it's big windows (that everybody can see in!) in the centre of Brixton. I was paranoid that I didn't want to set off the alarm  because of the security tag attached to the jump suit I was still wearing!  I felt like I was going to be wrestled to the ground by the security guard because I looked like I was about to do a runner. Not the best customer service I have experienced to say the least, but at least I didn't get wrested to the floor. Phew!

I really like this jump suit, with its deep pockets and harem trousers. The fabric is really light, so I put a T-shirt under it for now but will have to wait until it warms up a bit still, but I will definitely be able to wear it right through the summer because it is so light. They did have a leopard print one but I have one quite similar already!  The bracelets I picked up because of their colours, warm and summery and in keeping with this years spring/summer trends. The head scarf I just thought was really cute with kissy lips all over it!

A few days later back in H&M in West Bourne Park.  Seriously, no self control. And actually my shopping experience was not that much different from Brixton. The store was much quieter, which was good, but there was only one cashier at the  cash desk and he was so painfully slow that I contemplated just shouting "HURRY UP!" or something more obscene.  I wasn't even in a rush but just the sheer fact that he was as slow as a snail, enraged me!  I had to do some deep breathing and luckily I was distracted by a handsome stranger!  It was frustrating because the store was so empty it shouldn't have taken so long.....anyway I bought a pair of heels (£24.99).  Very comfortable and not too high. All I need now is some sunshine!!!!


 Shoes!!!!

Anyway friends, until next time, and as always.....

HAPPY SHOPPING!

Samara




1 comment:

  1. Hey Samara..
    Classic! Loving the jumpsuit!Just wish it had a V neck....am realising now its the only shape that looks good on me, either that or a really wide neck. Gotta say you're probably the only other person I know who has just about as much (or as little) self control...when it comes to shopping. tee hee. ;0)

    ReplyDelete