Tuesday 28 June 2011

inspired by my friends

I have been thinking about this post for a little while. Because of my situation I can't afford to take anything for granted. Life is full of ups and downs and recently my friends and family have got me through some tough times.  I need to express this, as it will burst out of my heart in a completely inappropriate way! For example when you are out with your friends and you get a bit tipsy, and then a verbal torrent of love spills out, which isn't that bad because love is good, but not everyone is as verbal and tactile as me!

So I wanted to say it like this. THANK YOU!!!! From the bottom of my heart thank you.  You may hot even realise who you are or even what you have done.  These are the friends that have given me a place to stay twice a week for the last 18 months. Gone to the cinema or dinner or dancing with me even though they didn't really want to.  The friends who held me when I was sick from dinking too much, when I was at my lowest. The friends who gave five extra minutes at school pick up to listen to me whilst I got things off my chest. The friends, that when I went to stay with them with my kids, who let me have a lay in in the morning so I could just feel that little bit more in control that day and not be so tired.

These friends have also affected my style.  The one's I am talking about don't even know that.

One friend is classic.  She taught nude colours can be fun too, not just for hiding behind, she has classic style, and would dress in designer labels, if she could afford it.  She is great at finding vintage bargains that are just my style and I love her greatly.  Thank you.

Another friend is quirky but not over top.   Her style has a grown up harder edge, unlike me. I can still manage to dress like a 18 year old, but i am trying to dress age appropriately, well sometimes! She is so  talented and amazing and we can talk on the phone for hours listening and supporting each other. She also is the best chef. Thank you.

Another who left England to move back to Australia and left a massive pile of broken hearts including mine. Who actually was my partner in criminally unique creative clothes styling!  She was always my competition and inspiration for pushing the boundaries of high street fashion. We always stood out and we were always noticed! We both are the kind of people that like to be different. She is wonderful and amzing, to be in a room with her is to be in the presence of inner and outter beauty.  But you know what, I see all my fiends like that.  They all are beautiful. Thank you.

A new friend, has a keep looking good, feeling good philosophy.  She does not judge or comment.  She is excepting, plus she love gold bling as much as me and always wears something gold and shiny everyday! Thank you.

Another friend is down to earth. She reminds me that everyday it is not always a fashion parade, but loves clothes and shopping just as much as me! She keeps me grounded.  This is a crucial skill to have when you have kids, I would say it was one of the  important skills to have along with patience. Which she has a lot of with me.   She helps me out immensely with the kids and I count her as family, a big sister. Thank you.

There are so many of you. You know who you are. My buddies, my friends, my family.























My put together family. OK so let the sappiness stop now. I hope none of you mind my tribute to you!  Join me soon as I have been shopping! It was my birthday last week and I got some great gifts and vouchers for my favourite high street shops from my lovely family.

Happy Shopping!

Samara

No comments:

Post a Comment